Regional Operations Centre Operator, Nottingham
15 Feb 2021
Share this article
28 February 2021
Job title: Regional Operations Call Centre Operatives
Salary: £22,104 + 20% shift allowance
Your new role
Highways England are responsible for the effective management of our network of all Motorways and major A-roads across England.
We’re looking for customer service focussed people to join our Regional Operations Call Centre in Nottingham. Where you’ll help internal and external customers who are involved or impacted by incidents on our network.
What you’ll be leading on
Our Regional Operations Call Centre operates 24/7, 365 days of the year, so you’ll work 6 days on, 3 days off. Our shifts are made up of Earlies (6am – 2pm), Latest (2pm – 10pm) and Night shifts (10pm – 6am).
The customer service role can be quite different and can feel like you’re working under pressure sometimes. You’ll need to respond quickly to incidents and coordinate communications between colleagues, partners and stakeholders. Most importantly you’ll provide accurate and timely information, taking appropriate action to deal with any incident that impacts safety and/or the flow of traffic.
It’ll be your job to keep England’s major road network moving, safely.
Your day to activity will look like this:
- You’ll make sure safety is the most important thing across all areas of your work
- You’ll proactively and continuously monitor the regional network performance by gathering, collating and reviewing information from multiple sources to help make an informed decision either by yourself or for others
- You’ll make sure you accurately, and quickly log and record all required information using our IT systems
- You’ll provide information, and appropriate advice or guidance to relevant people in a timely manner depending on their needs
- You’ll apply process, procedure and operational protocols and develop effective response plans to help keep our roads safe and keep the running
- You’ll use our systems to deploy and instruct a variety of both Highways England and supply chain/contractor resources. You’ll also follow up to make sure the required activity has been completed
To be successful
- You’ll have experience working in a call centre or customer service environment.
- As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
- Experience of capturing, recording and relaying complex information
- A understanding of Health & Safety in the workplace
- Experience of using computers, and the ability to learn new programmes
- Experience of working well with others as part of a team
- Live within a 1-hour commute from the Regional Operations Centre
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation.
We reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.