Customer Contact Centre Operator, Quinton, Birmingham B32 1AF (shift working pattern)
25 May 2021
Share this article
8 June 2021
Your new role
Highways England are recruiting for Customer Contact Centre Operators to be based in Quinton, to be the first point of contact for our customers and support the wider business, by handling incoming queries directly in a timely way (or redirecting them as appropriate to other teams).
We require highly motivated individuals, able to work under pressure, providing accurate and timely information to our customers and stakeholders.
Salary for this position is £21,871 (plus 20% shift allowance). The role operates on a 6 on 3 off shift pattern, consisting of early, late and night shifts.
What you’ll be leading on
- responding appropriately to customers via a range of channels, including phone, email and white mail, to ensure queries and complaints are handled effectively and in a timely way
- record accurate reports of incoming real-time issues and calls from recovery companies, so that the Regional Control Centres can deploy resources as required
- generate management information reports as required, for the use by our internal and external stakeholders
- act as an ambassador for Highways England, by promoting it services to external contacts and key stakeholders
To be successful
- ability to work effectively with others as part of a team delivering an efficient customer service
- ability to accurately capture, record and relay complex information using appropriate technology in a fast-paced environment
- experience of working within a customer service environment
- computer Literate, with data entry experience
- excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- a good level of written work, to accurately record details of contacts and compose responses to customers
A bit about us
Making sure our customers have safe and reliable journeys is at the heart of everything we do in Operations. We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation.
And finally, we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date., so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.