Regional Operations Centre Operator, South Mimms EN6 3PN
14 Apr 2021
Share this article
9 May 2021
Your new role
Highways England are recruiting for Regional Operations Centre Traffic Officers, known internally as Regional Operations Centre Operators to be based in South Mimms to help deliver a customer focused service through effective management of our strategic road network, by dealing with internal and external customers who are involved or impacted by incidents in an efficient and professional manner.
You will be required to work under pressure and respond quickly to incidents and coordinate communications between colleagues, partners and stakeholders and provide accurate and timely information, taking appropriate action to deal with any incident that impacts the flow of traffic.
Our Regional Operations Centre operates 24/7, 365 days of the year, so our operators work 6 days on, 3 days off and shifts consist of Earlies (6am – 2pm), Lates (2pm – 10pm) and Night shifts (10pm – 6am)
The starting salary for the position is £ 22,104 plus 20% shift allowance and £1,500 retention.
What you’ll be leading on
- Embed safety as the first imperative across all areas of your work
- Proactively and continuously monitor the regional network performance by obtaining, collating and reviewing information from multiple sources to enable informed decision making by yourself and others
- Ensure accurate and timely logging and recording of all required information using available IT systems and according to operational processes and guidance
- Provide information, data and appropriate advice and guidance to relevant parties in a timely manner depending on their needs and using available systems
- Apply process, procedure and operational protocols and develop effective response plans to ensure the safe and effective operation of the network
- Use systems to deploy and instruct a variety of both Highways England and supply chain/contractor resources, and follow up to ensure the required activity has been undertaken to contribute to the improvement of performance targets
To be successful
- Experience of working within a Customer Service environment
- Experience of capturing, recording and relaying complex information
- A good understanding of Health & Safety in the workplace
- Experience of using systems and technology required to perform the role
- Working effectively with others as part of a team to influence Strategic Road Network performance
- Live within a 1-hour commute from the Regional Operations Centre
A bit about us
Making sure our customers have safe and reliable journeys is at the heart of everything we do in Operations. We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally, we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible