Traffic Officer, Wakefield - WF3 1SW
15 Sep 2021
Share this article
28 September 2021
Your new role
We are currently recruiting for Traffic Officers to be based at the following outstation: Wakefield You will provide a customer focused service through effective management of the strategic road network as part of a team by dealing with the management of incidents such as road traffic collisions, removal of debris and other unplanned events.
Our Traffic Officers operate 24/7, 365 days of the year, so our officers work 6 days on, 3 days off and shifts consist of Earlies (6am – 2pm), Lates (2pm – 10pm) and Night shifts (10pm – 6am).
£23,538 per annum +20% shift allowance (increasing to £24,513 after 9 months probation)
What you’ll be leading on
- Working on the strategic road network you will respond and resolve incidents using safe and timely action which could include deploying traffic management and work collaboratively with colleagues, emergency services and other responders.
- Work within a team to contribute proactively and achieve required performance targets.
- Communicate using a range of technologies including radio and mobile telephony to provide accurate and timely scene updates to colleagues, partners, stakeholders and customers
- Take personal responsibility for the safety of self and others by reporting and acting on any potentially unsafe activities or conditions
- Maintain records of vehicles and equipment
To be successful
- You will need to have a full clean driving licence to be considered for this position and during employment as you will be required to drive as part of your role
- Live within one hour's commutable distance of the vacancy location
- Experience of motorway driving
- Knowledge of and experience of contributing to safety in the work place
- Provide and deliver a high quality customer service
- Self-motivated team player
- Experience of successfully working unsupervised
A bit about us
Making sure our customers have safe and reliable journeys is at the heart of everything we do in Operations. We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future.
Why you should join us
At National Highways we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation.
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.