Database Technician (HE)
Share this article
Your New role
We have an opportunity for a Data Technician to join our team, to assist in the accurate update of asset databases and systems in a timely manner and to provide support to asset owners in the application of asset management, providing asset data as requested to meet business requirements across a range of maintenance activities.
What you’ll be leading on
• Ensure the effective uploading of data into appropriate databases in accordance with the requirements set out in various standards documentation.
• Resolve data queries with the appropriate asset specialist/inspectors.
• Provide support in the recording and data management of asset updates and survey works.
• Provide support in the analysis of asset data using reporting techniques and the development of asset database systems.
• Support the capture and maintenance of asset data and condition information in the relevant database(s), in line with agreed standards and timescales
• Contribute technical input to the various teams, providing accurate information based on asset data.
To be Successful
• 5 GCSE’s or equivalent
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Experience in Data Management
• Experience in GIS/AutoCAD Systems
A bit about us
Making sure our customers have safe and reliable journeys is at the heart of everything we do in Operations. We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.