Weather Station Manager
Share this article
Your New role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Weather Station Manager to join our team in Bristol. Within this role, you will be responsible for managing the countries Weather stations network, including project management and management of spares and repairs process. You will also be responsible for developing business cases, project plans and other supporting documentation for new projects to secure necessary approval and investment decisions, and to align stakeholders on project aims.
What you’ll be leading on
• Manage the weather station workstream, to ensure successful project delivery. Also provide project support to the Severe Weather Information Service (SWIS) workstream
• Manage stakeholders, customers and senior management meetings as required to ensure project relationships are maintained and projects receive required support
• Monitor and update detailed project plans to capture changes of scope, and identify any additional requirements for resources, time, etc, to ensure successful delivery
• Help commission and manage expert and consultancy support as appropriate; and evaluate and act on such advice to ensure objectives are achieved
• Identify and grade project risks via the company risk register, recommending mitigating actions as appropriate, to minimise risk to successful project delivery
To be Successful
• Excellent Stakeholder management both internally and externally
• Appropriate experience working in a structured project or programme management environment
• Previous contract management experience is preferred
• Excellent organisational skills
• Commercial skills with ability to negotiate and manage contracts for projects dependent on external procurement.
Want to know more?
To request a copy of the role profile, please email Georgia.firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number HIG03691
A bit about us
Making sure our customers have safe and reliable journeys is at the heart of everything we do in Operations. We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.