Share this article
Your new role
We have an opportunity for 2 experienced Technicians to join our team in the North West. As Technician, you will be supporting in the development of schemes for our Capital Works Programme consisting of road safety, improvement and asset renewal schemes. Please note, this role may be required to work unsociable hours.
Day to Day
• To support the identification and evaluation of asset specific needs in order to develop future maintenance, renewals and improvement solutions
• Provide support in the identification and management of asset studies and survey works
• To input into the development of early solutions for improvements and/or renewals, including the compiling of relevant documents, evidence and options in line with agreed methodologies and prioritisation criteria
• To support the development of technical briefs provided to the design and construction contractor for improvement and renewals work
• To support the capture and maintenance of roads asset data and condition information in the relevant database
• To assist Project Managers and Engineers on construction site visits, as required
• Assist with consultation on scheme proposals with a variety of stakeholders
To be successful
• Evidence of effective communication skills
• Higher national diploma/certificate or other relevant qualification with relevant experience, or working towards
• Evidence of knowledge of Design Manual for Road & Bridges standards and their application on the highways network
• Experience in highway construction and delivery methods
• Experience in highway infrastructure design or traffic engineering
• Experience in Auto Computer-aided Design (desirable)
• Full/Clean Driving Licence (desirable)
A bit about us
Making sure our customers have safe and reliable journeys is at the heart of everything we do in Operations. We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future.
Want to know more?
To request a copy of the role profile, please email email@example.com quoting reference HIG03898
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible