Share this article
Your new role
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Planner to join our team in Guildford. Within this role, you will be coordinating and reporting on the divisions capital and resource programme of work using software to plot progress against set milestones to provide robust, consistent and transparent performance reporting. You will be working across a number of delivery focused teams both internal and external to the organization.
What you’ll be leading on
• Producing project programmes and live updates in month
• Co-ordinating, monitoring and updating design and site programmes in liaison with design and construction contractors
• Ensuring alignment of financial forecasts
• Producing weekly and monthly performance reports to monitor progress against baseline and previous month’s planned milestones
• Assisting in the application of the risk management as and when required;
• Contributing to collaborative production planning meetings to drive delivery of schemes
• Liaising with sub-contractors and suppliers to organise construction programmes, create, maintain, review and administer construction schedules and plans
• Ensuring the progress of the project is running to time scales and cost plans
• Producing bespoke programmes and reports for stakeholders which can feed into communications plans for packages of work
• Working with project managers to Identify and implement efficiencies in design and construction
To be successful
• Strong IT skills with Primavera P6 experience or willingness and ability to complete required training
• Excellent communication skills and team player
• Experience in developing, maintaining and scheduling complex programmes
• Experience of liaising with multiple project teams
• Attention to detail
• Ability to communicate and interact with a range of stakeholders
• Ability to manage own workload to agreed deadlines
A bit about us
Making sure our customers have safe and reliable journeys is at the heart of everything we do in Operations. We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future.
Want to know more?
To request a copy of the role profile, please email Georgia.email@example.com quoting reference number HIG03903
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.