Assistant Contract & Performance Manager
Share this article
Your New role
We currently have a great opportunity to join our Operations Directorate as an Assistant Contract and Performance Manager within the Operations Customer Services Division (OCSD). OCSD work with colleagues in Operations, across the Company and our Supply Chain to make a real difference to customer’s journeys and improve customer satisfaction with the service our Company provides.
This role within the Service Delivery Contracts Team will specifically focus on the supply of uniform / PPE, Tools / Equipment and fuels cards to front line operational colleagues including On Traffic Officer and Asset Delivery Inspectors and assisting in the management of the suite of contracts which provide these goods and services. Supporting and working with two Contract Manager’s delivery will include existing contracts and the development of future of contracts that are safe, effective and deliver support to the day to day Traffic Officer and Asset Delivery activities and customers on the network.
This role will suit an experienced Assistant Contract and Performance manager, looking for career development and progression opportunities. You’d be joining our Service Delivery Contracts Management team at a challenging and exciting time.
What you’ll be leading on
• Manage the governance of specific allocated contracts and monitor the performance and compliance of the contract to deliver value for money
• Build and maintain relationships both internally and with suppliers to drive improvements and deliver required performance.
• Carry out straight forward supplier audits, ensuring a consistent approach to supplier management and working to achieve best practice.
• Collate and analyse performance and compliance data, identify significant variances, administer the performance mechanisms under the contract, share effective practice, support benchmarking activity and contribute to consistency of reporting.
• Assess and develop recommendations for measuring performance of suppliers to create efficiencies and to deliver prioritised programme of works.
• Manage the introduction of changes and new standards into the contract; ensuring robust contractual governance is achieved
To be Successful
• Experience in working with and management of contractors supplying goods, services and equipment in a fast-paced environment to frontline operational colleagues.
• Experience in effectively using performance measurement and management processes, or ability to develop this capability.
• Experience of effective supply chain and internal / external customer engagement.
• Experience of being involved in delivering customer facing contracts
• Experience of engaging, collaborating and communicating effectively with colleagues and staff at all levels
• You will have a good understanding of contract management practices and controls
• You will have a good understanding of NEC Contracts.
• Ability to prioritise tasks and time management
• Experience in drafting and presenting reports, ensuring they are up to date and accurate
Want to know more?
To request a copy of the role profile, please email Georgia.email@example.com quoting reference HIG04031
A bit about us
Making sure our customers have safe and reliable journeys is at the heart of everything we do in Operations. We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.