Assistant Project Manager - 10 month FTC
Share this article
We currently have a great opportunity to join our Major Projects Directorate as an Assistant Project Manager (APM) within the Regional Investment Programme in the South West Our programme includes 5 major improvement schemes across the region’s A roads and Motorways, with more projects on the horizon. These projects will improve our customer’s journeys, deliver environmental enhancements and support the economy of the South-West.
This role is initially on a 10 month fixed term contract with the possibility of extension.
What you’ll be leading on
- Updating, monitoring and reporting against project plans and milestones
- Using your collaboration, communication and commercial skills to get the best out of our Delivery Partners and Technical Advisors, maximising value for money
- Supporting the Project Manager to plan and deliver customer and stakeholder engagement and communications
- Health & Safety monitoring and reporting
- Risk management – identifying project risks and maintaining risk registers, ensuring mitigation actions are completed and risks are appropriately reported or escalated
- Collating and presenting data and information to support the Project Manager in monthly project performance reviews
- Experience of being involved in delivering customer facing projects in a fast paced environment
- Experience of engaging, collaborating and communicating effectively with colleagues and staff at all levels
- A good understanding of project management practices and controls
- Experience of managing the development of project plans and detailed stage plans in conjunction with delivery partners and other collaborators
- Ability to prioritise tasks and time management
- Experience in drafting and presenting reports, ensuring they are up to date and accurate
The Regional Investment Programme is responsible for the development and delivery major infrastructure projects. We deliver capital improvements that will help to grow the economy and deliver wider social benefits and improve infrastructure.
Want to know more?
For a copy of the job profile please email Paula.Mcinally@highwaysengland.co.uk
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally, we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.