On Road Team Manager
Share this article
Your new role
Safety and Customer Service are at the heart of everything we do and is this role you will directly impact the safe running of the strategic road network minimising any adverse effects on our customers. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager you will lead a team of Traffic Officers providing guidance and directing the work of the team to ensure traffic operations run smoothly and incidents are handled effectively across the surrounding network.
• Provide front line team management and set objectives for the team, supporting and developing performance and managing resources to ensure knowledge and competence is maintained.
• Act as incident commander either on scene or from the control room on behalf of Highways England as needed to ensure all those involved are working safely and collaboratively to resolve the incident in a timely manner.
• Lead on Health and Safety reporting requirements to ensure all staff operate in a safe manner, with regard to the safety-critical nature of the role.
• Produce staffing rotas for the team to ensure a good quality service is delivered on a consistent basis.
• Deliver staff briefings on relevant topics as required, e.g. health and safety, to ensure team have the knowledge and skills they need to operate effectively.
To be successful
• You will have demonstrable experience of incident management and working within an operational environment.
• A strong track record of delivering outcomes and achievements in a customer focussed organisation.
• Experience of managing a busy workload whilst setting objectives for the team, ensuring morale is high and that the team feel valued and suitably rewarded.
• Strong communication skills
• Proficiency in a range of office software products to enable production / maintenance of a range of complex documents, spreadsheets and management reports.
Making sure our customers have safe and reliable journeys is at the heart of everything we do in Operations. We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.