Head of Asset Management Strategy
Share this article
Your new role
As Head of Asset Management Strategy you will be responsible for leading and implementing the Asset Management transformation across all of Highways England. This role will report to, and support the Director of Asset Management in building our capability in asset management across the company. You will be pivotal in establishing the policies and processes and your collaboration and communication skills to work across all levels will be first class to enable successful delivery. To excel in this role you will need to have significant previous experience in delivering Asset Management change/transformation in complex infrastructures sectors and be able to offer best practice advice and build on the capability we already have. This newly created role will give you the opportunity to make it your own and also build a small team to enable you to deliver the world class asset management strategy that we know we can achieve.
This role will ideally be based in Birmingham, however we will consider any of our National offices for the right candidate. This is a challenging yet exciting opportunity to join a Division that has a great ethos and values individuals both on a personal and professional level.
What you’ll be leading on
- Set and own the implementation of asset management policies, strategies and operating procedures across Highways England and the supply chain
- Set the direction of asset management and provide leadership in the development of consultancy and research and development programmes
- Engage with a broad range of key external stakeholders and senior management across Highways England
- Provide technical leadership in the development of sector-wide standards
- Set the direction of asset management and provide leadership in the development of consultancy and research and development
- Support the delivery of objectives and ensure, where relevant, compliance with commitments and legal obligations
To be successful
- Ability to work collaboratively to gain involvement and engagement, with a range of colleagues and key stakeholders both in the wider organisation and externally
- Significant experience in delivering asset management transformation and change, ideally in infrastructure organisations
- Deep understanding of asset management technical and commercial issues and challenges
- Strong leadership skills with experience of working across boundaries within an organisation and with other organisations
- Extensive experience in the operation of a complex infrastructure environment
- Demonstrable understanding of programme and project governance principles and processes
- Exceptional communication skills to convey complex information to a wide audience and influence as necessary
A bit about us
Safety, Engineering and Standards (SES) is an exciting place to work. SES key priorities are to support world class operational delivery and technical advice for our road network, provide support services to lead, enable and innovate in the development of the Strategic Road Network and provide expert advice on matters relating to health and safety. If you are looking for a challenging, exhilarating and world class organisation then join one of our dedicated, professional teams leading on technical services, health and safety, sustainability and diversity agendas for Highways England.
Want to know more?
If you would like a copy of the job profile please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews are scheduled to take place early/mid November 2020.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation.
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.