Quality and Performance Analyst (HE)
Share this article
Your new role
Here at Highways England, we have an exciting opportunity for a Quality and Performance Analyst.
You’ll be joining our Smart Motorways Programme, playing a key role in creating, improving and delivering our quality performance management initiative. . This is part of our wider work to support the implementation and embedment of quality performance measurement of our suppliers in line with our delivery plan.
This role is ideal if you have strong reporting skills, enjoy creating and developing your own ideas and are able to analyse and draw conclusions from diverse data sets.
This role will be based at our central Birmingham office, 2 Colmore Square.
What you will be leading on
- You will work collaboratively with Smart Motorways teams to improve existing and implement new quality performance reporting requirements, KPIs, and metrics.
- You will deliver work to support our quality audit programme for the programme’s contracts. You will facilitate and support supplier and internal audits and carry out data and trend analysis on audit findings. and non-conformities.
- You will review scheme Defects, non-conformities (NCRs) and quality management points (QMPs), looking for trends and correlations in the data which will support further quality work.
- You will work with other teams, including Health and Safety, Planning, Risk, Finance and commercial both within and outside of the Smart Motorways programme to support improving our data collection, analysis and reporting capability regarding the relationships between safety, time, cost, change and quality.
- You will support the implementation of Quality Management for the programme’s contracts and use performance and trend analysis to identify improvements in quality performance.
- You will assist in the development and maintenance of Quality Management documentation
- Deliver the allocated elements of the programme’s quality performance reporting on a monthly basis
- You will consider the health and safety needs and wellbeing of customers and employees in your work and how your work impacts stakeholders
- You will support our efforts to build continuous improvement mechanisms and record lessons learnt within the programme.
- You will support our overall objective of improving reporting so that delivery teams and senior leaders have access to meaningful information which indicates the relationship between quality, safety, time, change and cost.
To be successful:
- Ability to collect, analyse and report data sets from different systems to identify trends, issues and further lines of enquiry
- Understanding of NEC contracts and quality and performance management
- Experience of developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including colleagues in other parts of Highways England and our supply chain.
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems, quality measurement requirements and methods
- Proven communication skills
- Good data and information management and reporting skills (inc. use of relevant tools /applications such as Excel, Power BI)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of working on complex service based contracts (Highways construction and maintenance highly desirable)
Want to know more?
To request a copy of the role profile please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews are planned for March 2021
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation.
And finally, we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.