- Work locations Guildford (South East), Maidstone (South East), Basingstoke (Hampshire)
- Job Operational Delivery
- Employee Status Regular
- Salary £30,368 - £32,950
- Closing date 15/06/2021 23:59
Share this article
Your new role
Here at Highways England we manage one of the world’s most advanced road networks. We care about the journeys our customers make, we want them to get home safe and well, and we want to connect our country to benefit our economy, business and our customers.
As ITS/Technology Inspector you will be required to complete inspections of designated technology assets, in line with agreed inspections schedules, procedures and standards. You will carry out general, principle and special inspections and work closely with asset delivery and project teams and undertake checks on the quality and quantity of maintenance work.
This role can be based from either Guildford, Maidstone or Basingstoke.
You will be required to drive as part of your role and you will need to have a full clean driving license to be considered for this position and during employment.
What you’ll be leading on
• Carry out inspections of ITS equipment, identify defects, defect causes and options for remedial actions, in line with agreed timescales, procedures and standards
• Documenting asset condition and all inspection findings, including special inspections and testing
• Report and raise works for any safety critical issues and proactively manage high priority defects
• Carry out general, principle and special inspections to assist in maintenance of projects
• Complete reports, technical drawings and studies to support inspection findings
To be successful
• Relevant qualifications e.g. City & Guilds 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations
• Experience of inspecting technology equipment such as CCTV, message signs, outstations, electrical cabinets etc.
• Demonstrate evidence of a safety conscious proactive approach
• Understanding and experience in using asset management databases
• A sound understanding of technology related principles and standards pertinent to technology equipment (including NRTS – National Roads Telecommunications Service)
• CSCS Card holder
A bit about us
Making sure our customers have safe and reliable journeys is at the heart of everything we do. We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future. We will achieve this through the delivery our capital programme, supporting customers on the road with our Traffic Officer Service and managing incidents effectively.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.