Senior Delivery Manager
Share this article
Your new role
Highways England are recruiting a Senior Delivery Manager on a permanent basis to work in Birmingham within the IT Directorate. The Senior Delivery Manager will plan, monitor and control all aspects of medium scale Information Technology projects and programmes whilst motivating those involved in the delivery, to achieve established objectives within expected performance targets.
This role will focus on the management and delivery of the infrastructure and software needs for the new advanced traffic management system (ATMS) that the wider programme is delivering.
What you’ll be leading on
- Manage key aspects (the plan, budget, governance, health & safety, etc.) of medium scale IT projects across lifecycle to reach agreed business and strategic benefits, and contribute to the management of contract compliance and risk in an effective way.
- Apply an appropriate programme/project management framework, to an agreed standard, when setting up projects, liaising with other Programme Managers or team members and related projects to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated.
- Support IT Group or Programme Leaders to drive delivery against the agreed plan, assisting specific issues and being accountable for particular saving achievements.
- Manage or supervise programme/projects teams, contributing to the team members’ career development.
- Work with suppliers and other Directorates to ensure that all programmes/projects deliver best value and maximise benefits to customers, both during delivery and following completion.
- Participate in the PM community groups to provide specialist guidance and share best practices on programme/project management to assist colleagues and to enable the implementation of policy, projects and change initiatives.
To be successful
- Collaborating and Partnering – Design and be able to put ideas in progress in front of people. Partner with other teams, deliver training and mentor others.
- Delivering at Pace - Maintain momentum by being able to identify and solve the right problems.
- Making Effective Decisions - Collaborate with researchers and follow evidence-based design. Have the ability to challenge assumptions.
- Agile working – Expert - Coach and lead teams in Agile and Lean practices. A recognised expert that advocates these approaches, continuously reflecting and challenging the team. Create or tailor new ways of working and is always innovating.
- Communication between the technical and non-technical – Expert - Able to mediate and mend relationships, communicate with stakeholders at all levels. Able to manage stakeholders’ expectations and facilitate discussions across high risk and complexity or under constrained timescales. Able to speak and represent the community to large audiences inside and outside of government.
- Financial Ownership – Practitioner - Understand the market place, realising the benefit and persuading others that a product is the right one to use. Able to integrate a product with other services. Capable of ensuring products get used. Able to realise benefits by linking work in progress back to the business case. Able to build business cases based on user needs.
A bit about us
The Information and Technology Directorate is a growing and vibrant team and there has never been a better time to join us as we go through our transformation programme. We are helping to transform the way Highways England operates by delivering digital, data and technology services from frontline to back office, in a modern and efficient way. Our vision is to develop integrated information and technology that empowers our colleagues and provides real time information to our customers, integration with intelligent vehicle and transport systems as they develop, to improve journey safety and reliability.
Want to know more?
Please email email@example.com quoting HIG04953.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.