Share this article
Your new role
Here at Highways England it is imperative we deliver in line with time, cost, quality and safety standards ensuring of customers are not adversely affected, as a Senior Planner you will directly drive successful delivery in line with time and cost by maintaining a high volume of programme delivery plans for over 200 civil engineering schemes valued between £100K-£10m.
The successful candidate will collaborate with project and programme managers to develop and update the regions capital and resource programmes. Using industry leading software, you will plot progress against set milestones in order to provide robust, consistent and transparent performance reporting to improve financial and operational performance and minimise financial and reputation risk. As a senior member of the team you will also be responsible for managing the assignments of the Planner, offering specialist guidance and encouraging development. This is an excellent opportunity to join the team with the ambition to take forward programme planning from one year to five year programmes.
This is a full time permanent role we are able to offer from our Bristol or Exeter office.
What you’ll be leading on
• Compiling yearly scheme programmes for the regional Operations Programme Office that can be used as the cornerstone of delivering in year and future year targets using Primavera P6 and Power BI software.
• Providing specialist support to delivery teams (e.g. Project Managers, Route Managers, etc.) to document and maintain programme delivery plans and schedules
• Maintaining project programmes, using Primavera P6 for baseline programme and live updates in month.
• Provide programme status and variance reports including those to fully support internal month end and year end reporting.
• Maintain continual liaison and collaboration with the programme delivery team, other HE sections, designers, contractors and other stakeholders in producing, reviewing and updating both the in-year and future programmes.
To be successful
• You will be a proven Planner with demonstrable experience of managing programme and project plans in a multi-disciplinary environment.
• You will be skilled and experienced in project and programme management methodology and techniques
• You will have experience in capturing and analysing schedule data both at a project and programme level using Primavera P6, Excel & Power BI
• You will have a track record of managing relationships with multiple stakeholders and evidence of skills to influence relationships for positive outcomes.
• You will have demonstrable experience of training and/or coaching others to develop and put into practice Planning & Scheduling knowledge and skills.
A bit about us
Making sure our customers have safe and reliable journeys is at the heart of everything we do in Operations. We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future. We achieve this through the delivery our capital programme, supporting customers on the road with our Traffic Officer Service and managing incidents effectively.
Want to know more?
To request a copy of the role profile please contact email@example.com quoting reference number HIG05234.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.